A recent survey showed 1/3 of Palestinians support the attack in Itamar in March, in which an Israeli family of five was murdered while sleeping. The fact that such hateful act is supported by 1/3 of the people is a direct result of the ongoing incitement against Israel and Jews by the "moderate" Palestinian Authority. The Palestinians are stalling efforts to jump start the peace talks with Israel and their actions indicate they may not be genuine in their wish for peace.
Incitement against the Jews and the Jewish state is part of the daily life under the Palestinian Authority. Here are some examples:
- Streets and town squares in the Palestinian Authority are named after terrorists. A square in Ramallah is named after the terrorist Dalal Mughrabi which hijacked a bus and murdered 37 civilians in 1978. Mugrhabi is a real star on Palestinian television after an official campaign entitled "Women as Exemplars" honored her.
- Youth events are held in honor of terrorists - On 6.3.11, the PA's official newspaper, published that a youth club in Ramallah planned to hold a soccer tournament in memory of Wafa Idris, the first female suicide bomber.
- According to a school book review by Palestinian Media Watch, 12th grade Palestinian schoolbooks make no attempt to educate for peace and coexistence with Israel. Indeed, the opposite is true: The teachings repeatedly reject Israel's right to exist, present the conflict as a religious battle for Islam, and teaches Israel's founding as imperialism. Here is a paragraph from year 12 school book:
- "Palestine’s war ended with a catastrophe that is unprecedented in history, when the Zionist gangs stole Palestine and expelled its people from their cities, their villages, their lands and their houses, and established the State of Israel." [Arabic Language, Analysis, Literature and Criticism, grade 12, p. 104]
- Palestinian children TV programs include claims that "the Jews are our enemies," and that "Israeli soldiers are wild animals."
- The official Palestinian Authority newspaper (Al Hayat Al Jadidah) published caricatures in support of Al Qaeda and the 9/11 terror attacks.
Raising children to hate Israelis and glorifying the killers of Jews as "martyrs" are inhibitors to the peace process. US politicians lead by Reps. Steve Rothman (D-N.J.) and Steve Austria (R-Ohio) are circulating a letter calling on President Obama to urge Palestinian Authority's President Abbas to return to peace negotiations and to end anti-Israel incitement.
Please join this initiative – contact world leaders and ask them to pressure President Abbas, to halt incitement against Israel and Jews. All of us here in Giyus.org hope Israel will have a partner to peace, but as long as this incitement continues there is little chance of that happening.
To act on pressing issues and easily support Israel please sign up to Giyus.org's email updates - make a difference to Israel.